Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Cheap and Secret Island Destination - Shhhhhhhh, Don't Tell. Cres, Croatia!

My parents tell me vintage stories of the Hamptons, on the East end of Long Island. They brag that The Hamptons used to be untouched, empty, peaceful, unpretentious. Pretty much opposite the Wall Street/Celebrity invasion that happens now.

I found a place that's still secret, untouched, empty. An Island paradise where you can truly relax and not worry about keeping up with the Joneses. If you read on, just promise me one thing. You won't kiss and tell.

This place needs to remain a secret. If you see me sunbathing on a deserted beach, don't wave, make conversation, or bother me in any way. Just wink. I'll know what you mean. You're welcome.

The place: Cres, Croatia. An Island of about 3500 made up of several small villages. Fishing and farming make up the local economy, however Croatian pensioners have also taken a liking to the place.

Spend the day relaxing on Lubenice Beach, then head to Porozina for a relaxed dinner. Those who enjoy clubbing, partying, five star dining, and exclusive resorts will loathe Cres. There is none of that. Cres is simple. Bring a good book. Or write one. Enjoy Cres, Croatia.


No comments:

Post a Comment