Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dreams Of An Aspiring YouTube Entrepreneur - YouTube As A Full Time Job

It seems like video euphoria is sweeping America after YouTube allowed everyone to monetize their content.  For many people who already had a strong YouTube presence, it's been a real windfall.  Others are playing catch up. 

Before monetization, I focused my attention on other online moneymaking pursuits, ignoring YouTube because I really didn't see the potential.  Of course, many had long successfully used YouTube for self promotion and driving traffic to other monetized websites.  I never really felt comfortable putting myself out there for all the world to see, so I stayed away.

When YouTube announced that anyone could be in the cherished "partner program," I took another look at it.  I travel quite a bit for work and decided that I could make some videos or slide shows that might be of some interest to the universe.  I reasoned that even if I didn't find huge success on YouTube, I would learn something new.

I've been publishing to YouTube for a bit over four months now.  It's been a steep learning curve, but I'm getting more comfortable with the medium and last month earned enough to buy a pizza.  It's very encouraging and has given me the inspiration I need to keep on plugging along.

Of course, we all know of the so called YouTube millionaires, those few lucky stars who not only make a living from YouTube, but have actually gotten rich off of it.  My personal favorite is Nalts (www.youtube.com/user/nalts) who has become somewhat of an inspiration for me.  What's really amazing is that the guy kept his day job. I would have quit a long time ago with that kind of success!

Anyway, my ultimate goal is to make enough money from my various online prospects that I don't need a "real" job anymore.  YouTube is going to play a huge role in my liberation from the workforce.  I've seen a few estimates, and it seems like 1 million views per month will provide an income similar to that of a full time job.  Onward and upward, at 5,000 per month, I've got a ways to go.  While you're at it, check out my latest slide show video of the Cup Cake Cafe in New York City!


No comments:

Post a Comment